Tuesday, November 9, 2021

11/3-11/9 A Deep Dive into the Queen Creek Performing Arts Center

 Hello again!

As promised, I will be explaining more in depth about what I do at each service location, one location a week. Before I explain my work at the QCPAC, I'll give a quick update for the other places.

Gathering Humanity- Today, I was able to clear off about two and a half shelves just by consolidating the dish sets into a more compact organization structure. I then did some unloading and working in the kitchen and cleaning area. I hope to do the same organization work to the diaper areas next week.

Sequoia Deaf School- The children were sad that the Halloween decorations are gone, but I know that they'll be excited for the holiday season really soon. We also moved from volleyball to kickball in PE and I managed to get a kid out. I was never a fan of PE when I was their age, but I'm certainly having fun there!

Pioneer Village- We had a school come through on Thursday and I was able to teach them about how school was in pioneer times. They enjoyed learning about the dunce cap and paddle haha! I then went to Elder Wells' place and I got to see his chickens!



Casteel Seminary- I'm getting along so well with all of my kids and this week we talked about dating. I enjoyed hearing about their perspective and what they want out of a relationship, both while in high school and while looking for an eternal companion.

Saturday Service- There was no service project this week, but my parents are out of town in the Carolinas so I had a lot of house duties to do and was pretty busy!

Sunday Church- I went to a ward all by myself for some scouting. I was able to bare my testimony about service missions and talk to people afterwards about what a service mission is like. I'm glad I was able to spread the word to other places about how impactful a service mission can be on the missionary and the community. I then went to my own branch to help out with the primary program practice and I'm so proud of how well the children are learning the sign language!

Anyways, onto the QCPAC! This is one of the locations that start a bit later in the day: 9:30am. But we head out at 9 because the drive is pretty long. I drive with Elder Johnson and Elder Tucker.


We arrive, sign ourselves in, and look at the list of tasks to do. Usually Elder Johnson has some computer work to do like creating marquee slides and stage manager duties. The rest of us (me, Elder Tucker, Elder Arnold, Elder Prendergast, and Elder Hansen who recently finished his mission) go around and do various tasks like painting, building, cleaning, organizing, and other manual labor. One of the biggest tasks we recently did was gut and reorganize the pit.


Here's the theater


Currently we have to climb down this set of stairs/ladder thingy to get into the pit


The ominous hallway to the pit


The pit in all her glory

We finish at about 2 and then head off for lunch together. I get home at around 3 and then have social media team at 5.

The current show going on at the PAC is Shrek, which I was a part of when I was in middle school so I'm having a lot of nostalgia while working on the show. In fact, here's me as a Duloc dancer


And with that, that's my update for this week! Until next time, God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2/16-3/14 Wanna Take Part in my Virtual Blood Drive?

 Hello again! I hope y'all are having a good day/evening! As per usual, I am very busy haha. I'm currently doing at a minimum 40 hou...