Tuesday, October 26, 2021

10/20-10/26 Insert cheesy mission email title here

Hello again!

I hope you all are doing well. I just got my email up and running (I have been using my blog for the past two weeks) so I'm becoming closer and closer to feeling like a true missionary.

Speaking of "true" missionary, there's been a new announcement for the service missionaries. For decades at the teaching missionary training centers, a video by Elder David A. Bednar would be showed to all missionaries going through there. And since many missions in my area have been the headquarters for the service missionary training center, we've been wanting to be able to show that video.

Well, we just recently got a personal email from Elder Bednar himself saying that he would like to give permission to premiere that video to service missionaries. This was such wonderful news to hear because that brings service missionaries as a whole one step closer to being considered on par with our proselyting elders and sisters.

Other than that, this past week has been pretty typical. Here's the rundown:

Queen Creek Performing Arts Center- I had to take my cats to the vet on Monday so I didn't end up going there.

Gathering Humanity- Today, my project was organizing the baby formula; consolidating all the packages into an area where the temperature can be better controlled as well as marking and organizing it all by expiration date. We did not lose any packages from expirations! A tender mercy from the Lord!

Sequoia Deaf School- Last week, we changed teachers. So I still have the same students, but a different teacher that I'm working with. These kids are so amazing I love being able to dive in and immerse myself into a new culture.

Pioneer Village- I didn't accidentally bring my key home with me this time around! This week, some guys came by the church because they're gonna use it to shoot a film about an outlaw accepting death. Sister Critchfield and I got to show them around and look at different shots they could do. We also discovered the "basement" of the church and someday I hope to go down there and hopefully not get bit by a snake or something. We'll see.

Casteel Seminary Mentoring- I got to see my kids after about a month of break and I was so happy to be able to chat with them again. A lot of the kids gravitated towards D&C 121:7 where Joseph Smith was trapped in Liberty Jail. You can tell that hearing from our Heavenly Father to have peace unto our souls gives these students hope during the struggles of what all of us can understand is high school.

Saturday service project- This week, we got to refurbish a house near downtown Chandler. We painted the house, we put new rocks in the yard, and we fixed up the plants in their pots. It was great getting to see these people experiencing poverty be able to get a new yard and feel like new again. Since this project was brought about by the city of Chandler, we were then invited to a party hosted by the city and we got new State Forty Eight t-shirts!

Sunday- I had a special musical number with Sister Critchfield, Sister Garder, Elder Arnold, and Elder Johnson. Usually, I'm singing and Elder Johnson plays piano, but this time around, I played piano, Sister Critchfield played the violin, and the other three sang. I was pretty proud of myself since that was the first time I ever accompanied. I've done piano solos and I've sung while others accompany, but now I've had the chance to accompany. With practice, I'm sure I'll get better. The other musicians did amazing as expected.

Anyways, here are the pictures from this week:


One of the stinky students at seminary photoshopped Elder Otey's face over me when I was showing them their weekend assignments


Elder Wells and I twinning at the Saturday service project. He had to teach me how to rake and to keep my mouth closed so I don't taste dust


Me, Elder Wells, Sister Critchfield, Elder Tendick and Sister Kriser painting the house


Some of the other people from Saturday. Elder Johnson, Sister Gardner, me, Elder Wells and Elder Tucker sitting in front, Elder Otey, then Sister Kriser


Me, Sister Gardner, Sister Kriser, and Elder Dowdle filling up some pots for the plants


The whole group after the project. Top row: Elder Tendick, Elder Newton, Elder Dowdle, Elder Millet, Elder Davis, Elder McCurdy, Elder Perkes, Elder J Johnson, Sister Steadman. Middle row: Elder B Johnson, one of the volunteers who wasn't a missionary, the kind gentleman of the house (I think his name was Terry), Sister Gardner, Sister McCook, Sister McCurdy, Sister Conover, Sister Critchfield, Elder Egg, me, Elder Tucker, Elder Wells, Elder Steadman. Bottom row: the son of the lady mentioned before, Elder Otey, the two ladies of the house, Sister Kriser, and then two other volunteers who I think aren't missionaries.


Elder Tucker, Elder Wells and I after the church meeting on Sunday


Rosie after her vet visit. She's perfectly healthy despite being a few screws loose


Eli was so brave for his visit. He has yeast infections in his ears and needs medicine to fix it :(


Our charcuterrie board today at a picnic with some missionaries, there's meat (chicken tenders), cheese (munchie's cheese mix), fruit (pomegranate), and chocolate. Perfect right?

I hope you all have a wonderful week! God loves you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2/16-3/14 Wanna Take Part in my Virtual Blood Drive?

 Hello again! I hope y'all are having a good day/evening! As per usual, I am very busy haha. I'm currently doing at a minimum 40 hou...